BUNN Coffee Maker NHBX
A BUNN coffee maker is a brewer that meets the requirements of brewing the best tasting coffee. BUNN® doesn't offer the bells and whistles of many brands and "Velocity™ Brew" is the trademark of the brewing concept.
The requirements for brewing the best tasting coffee that are met in BUNN® products are:
- BUNN® coffee makers brew at ~200 F: To obtain this temperature, the brewer utilizes an internal heated water tank that keeps the water at the correct temperature so that it is ready when you are.
- BUNN® coffee makers utilize Velocity™ Brew: A sprayhead creates turbulence in the coffee grounds to fluff the bed and allow all the grounds to come in contact with the water, yielding a quality flavor extraction and...
- Velocity™ Brew creates the flow needed for brewing coffee within 3-5 minutes to hinder the chance for the bitter taste experienced with longer brew cycles.
The brewing cycle is also quick and quiet.
- Stainless Steel Tank
- Manual Warmer Plate
- Vacation Switch
- Glass Wide Mouth Decanter
- Spray Head
- Dimensions- 13 3/4"H X 9 1/8"W X 11 5/8"D
- Weight: 7.1 lbs.
Recommendations In Using a BUNN® Coffee Maker
With a BUNN® coffee maker, you will notice a few differences in brewing coffee. As in the BUNN® Model NHBX-B (pictured above):
- The water is poured in the unit after the filled filter funnel is in place because water begins flowing over the coffee once the lid is closed...there is no lag time since water is already in the heated internal tank.
- It is best to use a maximum of 1 TBS of coffee per 5 oz of water because the turbulence will overflow the filter with any excess coffee grounds which ends up in the carafe.
- Because a turbulent flow is created, we recommended using BUNN® coffee filters; the sides are higher than most drip filters to keep the grounds from overflowing in normal conditions. They can be found in most grocery and department stores that sell coffee makers.
- The warming plate is independently controlled and is not connected to a timer, so it has to be turned on and off independently.
- Since the unit is always on, it is best to turn it off (using vacation switch) when leaving for extended periods of time so the water is not reheated for days or weeks. Once the brewer is turned back on, it will take ~15 minutes to heat the water to the correct temp before the first brewing cycle.
If you want a great cup of coffee from a drip/spray brewer, BUNN® gets the basics right for temperature, turbulence and flow rate. If you want more control or like to experiment with water/coffee ratios, look into manual brewers like Chemex, french press, clever dripper, aeropress, etc. Want a BUNN® NHBX? Just click the "Buy Now" button below.
The price is $103.00 plus shipping and ships in 1-2 days from receipt of payment.
Go from Bunn Coffee Maker to Coffee Brewing
Go to Home Page